Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short I did a cut out, 2 weeks later. No eggs and couldn't order a queen so I added a frame that had nurse bees ,tiny rice eggs , some coiled larvae and a little capped brood.
I put the frame in yesterday evening.
What's my next step?
Add another frame in a week?
What am I looking for and what time frame?
Thanks

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,199 Posts
>What's my next step?

You can, if you are curious, check for cells in a few days, or you can just leave them alone for a month...

>Add another frame in a week?

If you suspect laying workers this would be a good plan. It won't hurt unless you damage the queen cell making room to put it in (easier than you think).

>What am I looking for and what time frame?

bushfarms.com/beesmath.htm

·
Registered
151 Posts
Adding the frame should reset the clock on the laying workers. check back in 9 days for capped queen cells if there aren't any and still no eggs (there might be some by then) then add another.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I would just leave them alone and watch for pollen starting to come into the hive in about 3 to 4 weeks. Then you will know there is a queen laying some eggs. Open up and check them then. Better than opening them up too soon and risk damaging a queen cell or disturbing a virgin queen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.