Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bees are working in the second hive box, I guess thats the #2 brood, so I added another box on top of that.
While fixen up those frames for that box on the last frame I found myself short of wood. I have wedge top bar frames and one of the pieces to complete the wedge was missing. After a long and un-fruitful search for it or anything I might have to work in its place I decided to staple the wax foundation to the frame it self.I use 3/4" starter strips.

Has anyone ever done this before? I ordered some frames so I can fix it later if need be, I think I will find that starter strip on the bottom of the frames.
I feel stupid for doing it but at the time I felt desperate to get the job done.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
>I decided to staple the wax foundation to the frame it self.I use 3/4" starter strips.

The staples have too little surface to hold well. The starter strips will work if the bees attach them soon enough. Otherwise they will fall out. I wax mine in, but a cleat USUALLY works. Staples are pretty doubtful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts