Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on where to purchase Acorn one-piece deep black plastic frames and not get killed on shipping costs. I need four cases worth. I have tried directly ordering from Acorn, as I have done in the past but can’t seem to get ahold of anyone there. I am located in eastern Oregon.

·
Registered
6a 4th yr 7 colonies inc. resource hive
661 Posts
Same here. No response to emails. You can order Acorn from Amazon too. Suboptimal solution because its a little more expensive but in a pinch it might get you by. Mannlake’s RiteCell is behind in manufacturing. Backordered on my box. Underlines the need to get supplies in far in advance in this strange year.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I ordered Mann Lake Ritecell unwaxed foundation and it shipped immediately. I ordered unwaxed since I'm going to be adding wax to it anyways. If you're desperate (like I was, I was completely out of supers) and you have wax, it's an option.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
You might look at the Pierco website. I ordered about two hundred triple waxed...shipping included in the price. Ordered last Sunday. Scheduled to arrive next Tuesday.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Doesn't say they are acorn, but they are, bought a case last week. Black was out of stock so got white. Give them a call if you have doubts, but its acorn that I received.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a call from Nick this morning. Sounds like he has been really busy. Ended up getting my frames ordered and they will ship tomorrow. Price was worth the wait.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,887 Posts
Nick is a great guy to work with. I am sure he is very busy filling orders at the moment. Shipping to OR should not be too bad. I get mine shipped all the way here to VA and the total cost is still good for the quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts