Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
The warmer the temp., the warmer the reception...I would install them at the hotest part of the day.

Just my .02

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just got my first package installed. It was awesome. The Post Office called today @ 10am. I was unaware they would call on Sunday. Anyway, It was like Christmas day when I was a kid. Everything went great. The bees were very gentle. I sprayed them with a little syrup(no smoke needed), bopped them on the ground a couple a times, opened them up, removed the Queen cage(She's a beaut, took out the can, dumped the bees in the hive body, replaced the center frames which had all been sprayed with sugar syrup, put a big Ziploc baggie feeder on top of the frames, added an empty super to cover it up, put the cover and top on, then I just stood back amazed at what an awesome thing God had created. Thank all you guys for this site. I would have doubts about beekeeping if it were'nt for Beesource.
God Bless,
Tommy

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Sounds like you did it right, I have installed packages in temps as low as 50F without any trouble. The ladies in our local post office love it when our package bee arrive, last year they had them setting on the front counter so they could watch them. They say it’s a good nature show for people coming into the post office. I leave a few business cards and sell a lot of honey. One of the advantages of living is a small farming community. Lots of folks seem to understand that honeybees are important to all of us.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
""I have installed packages in temps as low as 50F without any trouble.""

Our club class installed packages the past 2 Sundays in 50F temp even raining yesterday the cool temps keeps the bees from flying very much BUT we don`t BUMP, DEMP or SPRAY them!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts