Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The veil I have is a real PIA when it comes to doing cut outs. It flops all over and I spend way too much time messing with it. Anyone have this issue and resolve it?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The veil I have is a real PIA when it comes to doing cut outs. It flops all over and I spend way too much time messing with it. Anyone have this issue and resolve it?
Thanks
What kind of veil do have? I have an Ultra breese jacket that stays where put most of the time.

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Get a veil with a hat and a chin strap.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made my own veil. I purchased one that uses elastic that goes under the arm pits and had a soft hat. I basically gutted this garbage veil and sewed the top to a plastic "Helmet that I made holes in around the entire edge of the brim. I also changed the inside of this helmet to a type used in construction hats.. Then the garbage screen was too small so I removed it and made an entire new screen by resewing the whole deal. Now I have a very large screen that's plastic coated metal and is very durable.
I may try the chin strap idea on this "custom" veil but I'm sceptical about the comfort so???
BTW I use an ultra breeze suit but ditched the original zipper attached veil because I hated it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
"Unditch" the fencing veil for the ultra breeze. Wear a soft, brimmed hat to soak up sweat and keep it away from your head all around. The only time I have issues with it is when light is limited or space is really tight. In those cases I may go without a veil for final cleanup, etc.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YEs this is the exact one that I ordered. The quality if absolutely horrible but I've made some changes and am using it currently.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
I use the clear view veil and really like it. The hat is soft and soaks up the sweat while the screen stays well away from my face.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts