Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My beekeepin friend made me a nuc and my family bought me new equipment. They knew how much I loved the bees. Radioactiveman, yeah it's been crazy, some people lost a carport with a car in it and some people lost boats. My dirtbike was almost to the neighbors field and the shed moved about 200 yards..

·
Registered
48 Posts
What do you need to get back on your feet other than dry weather and a pretty spring to get back on your feet? I would be willing to donate something to help get you going again....

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
One spring during the melt I spent an afternoon roping beehives as they floated downstream and under a bridge! Then I could tug them to the bank and salvage the boxes. A couple colonies actually survived in top corners out of the icewater. I lost several down the crick. The tree row they were wintering downwind of was normally three hundred yards from any water. Rough business.

·
Registered
879 Posts
What do you need to get back on your feet other than dry weather and a pretty spring to get back on your feet? I would be willing to donate something to help get you going again....
This is why I'm thankful to be a beekeeper. this is a very gracious thing to offer!!! I look forward to hearing what it is that is needed!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm ok equipment wise, but a few frames were found all pulled out. The frames found were fully in tact. Proof you don't need to use glue!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts