Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the first thing I should do is say hi to you all, lovely to virtually meet you.

My name is Ben and I don't have any bees...yet. So I'm hoping to learn and ask a few questions before we (the family) plunge into this new venture, in the hope we get off on the right footing.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Have fun with it :)

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Welcome Ben. While There are scores of beeks that will happily answer any questions you may have, use of the search function will undoubtedly provide you with most of the answers you seek, and provide for hours of entertaining reading.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ben:

Welcome to the forum- from my very humble vantage point I would offer that you are wise to get your research in now before you take the plunge as you will be in a much better position to succeed once you dive in.

Are there any successful beekeepers in your immediate area? If so, you might consider gleaning everything you can from them.

Also, you may be well-acquainted already, but BIBBA has been posting an excellent series of webinars which are focused on UK beekeepers (but helpful to us Yankees too):

Best of success to you in your beekeeping pursuits- it is quite a beguiling hobby.

Russ

·
Registered
USDA Hardiness Zone 8a
155 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

One bit of advice if you are planning on getting some bees this year. Go ahead and get on a waiting list or place an order because many of the package and nuc sellers sell out early and only produce for spring pickup or delivery.

Edited to add:
I just noticed that you are in the UK so my advice may not apply to you. I really have no idea how things work there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts