Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard that there is some experimentation going on with Oxalic Acid. Apparently they are soaking a blue shop towel with OA, water, and food grade glycerin and setting it on top of the hive bars, and that's it.

Has anyone heard of that?

Paul M

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Olive has been experimenting with it for a while.... Go to Scientific beekeeping and you will find the info there. Probably can also search it here...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe they have been using it in the UK for sometime now, or at least have been doing longer testing. I think it is fairly new here though and I believe Randy at scientific beekeeping is still doing tests on it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yep. There are a few over here in NZ who say they re getting good results from it @ nzbees.net .
I think one who does this is Trevor Gilbanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yep. There are a few over here in NZ who say they re getting good results from it @ nzbees.net .
I think one who does this is Trevor Gilbanks.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Mischief can you add a link to the nzbee site? In a quick look around I didn’t see anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
According to Jennifer Berry at the University of Georgia it is not working in high humidity areas like the Deep South . She actually did testing and notified Randy with her results . She presented her findings to us at the Tennessee Beekeepers conference this fall. I’m not saying it doesn’t work but I would do alcohol washes and test to find your own results .

·
Registered
172 Posts
According to Jennifer Berry at the University of Georgia it is not working in high humidity areas like the Deep South . She actually did testing and notified Randy with her results . She presented her findings to us at the Tennessee Beekeepers conference this fall.
Yes. See Jennifer's article in the September 2018 issue of Bee Culture magazine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts