Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a quick question if anyone doesn't mind answering. We like a lot of other beekeepers lost a few hives this year. As we were dissecting one of our hives, all the bees that we found in cluster mostly had head in the cells, guessing cold not enough bees to keep it warm and they starved to death trying to keep what brood they had going. Now for my question They had an entire super of honey capped but we have found two frames that have a slight bit of mold on them. Not a lot in fact looks like where honey and pollen would be when you have a good amount of brood on the frame, (just corners) it is a slight green color. My question is what to do with these frames. Can we set them out for the surviving hives to forage from? If not should I just throw it away, I know they will clean up a frame but is this bad?:scratch: TIA
Regina

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scrape the tops off and set it out for the other hives to clean out. Make sure you move it away from your hives so as not to start a robbing frenzy. The mold won't hurt the bees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts