Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it was a balmy 6 degrees below zero, so i got up at 5:00 and headed to a friends house to go duck hunting on the river. there is a spot that never freezes so we were headed there. we arrived well before shooting light and got his trusty bird dog (an airedale) with his light up collar out of the dog box, got guns ready, a backpack full of decoys and started down the trail to the river. about halfway down the trail the dog starts acting strange so we both turn our headlamps on just in time to watch the dog chase a mountain lion up a big fir tree less than 30 feet from us. we were setting up close to there and never heard the cat come down so once the sun was up we both walked back up and got a better look. a young cat probably 50 or 60 pounds. no ducks in that spot so we went and jumped another spot and got a couple drake mallards. mine was frozen to the ice by the time the dog got to it, he still managed to retrieve it. supposed to be colder tommorrow morning so i think we'll try again. justin

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
-6 is way to cold to being doing anything.

My body shuts down and gets in to the fetal position at 30 degrees.

Make ya deal. Let me come up there once it’s 50+ deg and let me shoot that cat. I will bring you a live opossum in trade. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
That makes me hurt just thinking about it. It got down to +26F here couple of days ago. Built a fire in the fireplace insert for first time in two years. Last year we just had no winter at all.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Make ya deal. Let me come up there once it’s 50+ deg and let me shoot that cat. I will bring you a live opossum in trade."
make it a breeding pair and it's a deal.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Them "cats" taste good to. A fellow houndsman of mine goes out west cat hunting and brought one(carcass) back a few years ago and cooked it up for us. It's not as good as our "high speed beef" but it tastes better than possum or skunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts