Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out in bee keeper land. I 'inherited' some abandoned langstroth hives several years ago when the guy who put them at our wildlife area left and never returned. I knew nothing about bees but had a great friend who helped me with them. After having your own honey, you never want to have to buy it at the store again. Last summer my hive swarmed, a few years ago a young cousin got me interested in top bar hives, so I decided to take the plunge. I'm a 60 something farmwife with little wood skills but that never stopped me. I built 3 top bar hives, two for me and one for my sister and we stocked them on April 31 in a cold, rainy spell. I worried about them but was delighted to find comb building just a week later. So I will have lots of questions I'm sure and anxious to get to know other top bar beekeepers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome good for you I really want a top bar hive but there not cheap and have not had the confidence to build one lol:) . Hope you have a great year and the girls provide you with wonderful honey galore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts