Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
5 minutes of my life I will never get back.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have to destress somehow in the chaos of the almonds. Yesterday we serviced about 1400 colonies. Last week three of us put in a 25 hour shift.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
I see an new Olympic event on the horizan.

Thanks Terry, that really made my day. Those guys are nuts. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, etc. What a hoot.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
We have to destress somehow in the chaos of the almonds. Yesterday we serviced about 1400 colonies. Last week three of us put in a 25 hour shift.
I bought my 4 wheeler to destress Terry, and let me tell ya, it works. I'm sorry, I think its funny. We all destress different ways!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In my defense, I really don't think a few jumps late in the afternoon after the girls have stopped flying is as stressful as a 7 hour semi trip up to Fresno. My boss, who owns the bees under scrutiny, laughed out loud when he saw the video. I showed it to him.

It's the almond season. We've spent every moment over the last few months getting ready for this, the Superbowl of beekeeping. It's crunch time, insane hours & nothing can go wrong. I've got the flu, but I just gotta work through it, this season is too critical to survival. That's the life of a beekeeper.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
My boss, who owns the bees under scrutiny, laughed out loud when he saw the video. I showed it to him.
That's a good boss to have. He knows when his employees are having fun and doing no harm in the process.

There's a video, I think you can find it on Youtube, of a Fish company in Seattle, WA. Those guys know how to have fun at work and still get the work done. Actually, if they weren't having as much fun as they do have they wouldn't be selling as much fish as they do.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
i have said my peace and i am done now. sorry if i offended any one. no more on this subject from me
It appears as though you are the one who is offended and I don't understand why. Certainly not the level of offence that you expressed.

Do you think that the bees are being abused? Is that why you are so upset?

I don't know if you have, but maybe you should spend a week or two working for a commercial beekeeper of some size, especially during pollination season. I think your perspective might be changed.

No one was hurt, not even the bees.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Thats funny.:)
Sometimes in January the bees are too clustered to move when putting on pollen sub so we go around and raise the back of each hive and drop it to wake them up.Then they will break cluster to move out of the way for the sub.I am sure some of you might not approve:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts