Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the 2 nucs I got on May 5th swarmed on June 15th Father's Day. Much to my chagrin I couldn't get them out of tree behind the hive, too high up and too big a branch. Anyway looked into the hive that day and saw quite a few queen cells so I decided to back out and let them be for a while. Around day 35 a inspection showed eggs, larvae and a few capped brood. Looked in yesterday full frames of brood, uncapped larvae, almost one super filled. Didn't see queen but i didn't want to mess things up due to some burr comb etc. As a newbie, 2nd yr, I found it hard to not keep looking in the hive. I guess if you let nature take its course you realize they know more than you do

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The bees know what they are doing. Sometimes we just have to step back, take a deep breath, and wait to see what they do. Sometimes we just have to do nothing and everything works out well. It's hard not to look into the hive every few days but try to limit visits to once every 10-14 days unless you see something from outside that really looks wrong, then go into the hive for a minimal inspection. You'll do fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts