Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find #6 wire mesh. Don't need a lot but do not know where to buy it.
Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had an ACE nearby but now its called Best or Do it Best or something.
I haven't tried there yet. I think they are closed tomorrow.

We tried one hardware store and they could not find it from any of their suppliers.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Even if you find a Ace Hardware alot of them are individually owned and they dont order the same items! Meaning some places have it and others dont! Its been on other threads about mesh wire and its getting to be hard to find cause of the cost of the mesh wire. Your almost forced to buy a 100 foot roll in order to get the piece of wire that you actually need! I know a guy that sells #8 mesh wire for $2.50 a foot and then you have to pay for shipping charges!.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Believe it or not, Wal-Mart is one of the only stores that I found that carries the metal screening (and Cheap). It works really well for most thing, alittle soft for bottom boards, but as far as blocking hive openings and such, it works great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
called an Ace and they did not have 6 squares per linear inch wire mesh.
I can buy the #8 in small pieces - its just the #6 i cannot find.
I had found the same website but they do not carry it. Found it in stainless but $$$$$$$$$$.

Thanks for the input - still looking.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Good luck finding some cheap! The only wire mfg. I could find (howard wire) that sells minimum also charges arm & leg for shipping. Cheapest I could find it was close to $100 incliding shipping.

If you find any, let me know as I am in the hunt.

Actually the cheapest, depending on your needs, is to buy it as part of a SBB kit from:

http://www.greenbeehives.com/

Is that crazy or what? #6 worked killer on my SBB last year, but my other has #8 - which a lot of people says works fine. I'll be doing a side-by-side comparison & post the results later in the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts