Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,591 Posts
$10 per pail with lid for the 90 mil thickness does not seem bad to me. Darn sight better than having $600 worth of honey running all over the floor. :eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am finding that 5 gallon buckets used to store honey are only lasting me a couple of seasons. I buy them primarily from box stores (Lowes/Home Depot) and from Tractor Supply. The upper lips seem too thin and will crack after a few lids have been malleted on and pried off for a few seasons.

I am looking for a heavy duty bucket (Manufacturer and Retailer) that will endure a beating. Does anyone have any suggestions or sources? Thank you.
If it's the seal that is failing then they do sell seals to replace them. If it's the bucket, I do not know why they are failing.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Mr. Palmer, $10 for a GOOD pail and lid seems steep. From memory , $4.50 is what I paid a year ago. If you want, I can look up the invoice. Be aware it was for around 25-30 units.

Crazy Roland

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,591 Posts
I am sure PSM would be interested. I am going to stick with the Encore food grade buckets (70 mil) at Lowe's for $4.48 each and another $1.88 for the lid. That is my point of reference for the prices.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts