Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Captured this little beauty while I was supposed to be having a BBQ with my father-in-law. Guy called and seeing it was about 1/4 mile from his house I couldn't say no.

I bounced down to a local guy to borrow a box and right there in his equipment shed was the 4th!

I got pictures of the first. The second one I hived for the local guy.

Enjoy! PS... Tuesday is going to find me scrambling like mad to make more woodenware. I am OUT of stock and I have bees needing a larger home. Hopefully I can put some together Tues and have them going by Wed. AM.

I took my time and used a hair clip to capture queen. She is nesting in between the one piece of old comb that I provided and the next plastic foundationed frame. I figure on releasing her tomorrow evening toward dark. Looks to me to be a bred queen (abdomen is fuzzy) I will throw a picture of her up before I release her tomorrow.

Take care
Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice! Job Mark. Can't wait to see the picture of the Queen. There will be many more BBQ's, hope the in laws are understandable.Opportunities that are that close to home shouldn't be passed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts