Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has designed or found any useful 3D prints for their beekeeping? I have made a few Entrance disks and a frame hook or two, but have to imagine their are uses I haven't thought of or aren't quite experienced enough to design. I was thinking today about designing some sort of frame divider or insert for comb honey, kind of like Ross Rounds or Half Combs but without the special equipment. I'm sure there are entrance reducers out there and some feeders... just thought I'd tap into this crowd for brainstorming!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Haven’t printed these. A complete bee hive about 5” big. A mite for education purposes purposes. Queen clip.

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Did you search thingiverse?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Hive status disk
status disk.png
Queen excluder cage for finishing small amounts of cells in a queen right hive
fnishing cage.jpg
thumb nail at the bottom is end caps and holder for queen emerging cages

no pictures handy- grafting bar for foam minys, hair roller cage holder for incubator, master mold for casting wax queen cups, split cell holder IE https://youtu.be/kyzAS5eZ2xA?t=492

I haven't printed one, as scrap lumber and my table saw is much faster and cheaper, but Johno's mating nuc is a good one. With his permission I hosted it on my thingiverse account https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3356272

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome ideas. Do you have a file for the split cell holders? Those seem terrific for raising a handful of queens.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
They are part of a larger system being trialed this year and not quite ready for prime time.
send me a PM with an email and I will send you the file, just no sharing.......yet

·
Registered
76 Posts
How about 3d printed frame corners similar to Beesy frame corners?
Beesy plastic frame corners

I have actually designed and made some using 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" spacing that seem to work well.
I have put small holes in them so you can use small brass nails to put them together or if you want, glue them.
Uses 3/8" thick by 1" wide strips of wood and I cut a groove in the top bars to insert something for foundationless frames.
I have not published the files anywhere, I do NOT have any bees yet and just been learning what I can before I get any.
Sorta limited on what I can do these days due to health issues.
I can make computer models and print stuff easily though and do have a lot of woodworking tools.
There are a LOT of beekeeping items that could be printed, basically anything that is made out of plastic and can
fit in a 250mm cube.
There are some larger 3d printers out there and I am talking about FDM printing though I recently got a resin printer
and think that would work well for small parts like queen cups and the like.
MSL has some cool stuff.
If there is interest I could post pics of the frames and ends.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here's a frame made of PETG translucent yellow for 1-1/4" spacing and foundation.
On the top and bottom corners there is a "1" recessed into it, it will show up once
dirty and it means 1-1/4" spacing.
I have another set for 1-3/8" spacing with a "3" in them.
I also have a version for foundationless frames that do not have the slot in the sides
for foundation and one can still groove the top (and bottom) for starter strips.
The wooden parts are 7/8" x 1/2" with the top/bottom one length and the sides one length.

·
Registered
76 Posts
teplov, I don't remember seeing any of these parts on Thingiverse, are they your own models?

There's not much queen rearing stuff there either and I would expect there to be more since queen rearing uses lots of plastic bits and pieces.
msl hasn't put his nice stuff out there yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
teplov, I don't remember seeing any of these parts on Thingiverse, are they your own models?

There's not much queen rearing stuff there either and I would expect there to be more since queen rearing uses lots of plastic bits and pieces.
msl hasn't put his nice stuff out there yet.
Not all my models are my only cage of queen bee on. Others from the Ukrainian forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts