Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/GreenvilleSCDentist/

We have sad news to report. We started beekeeping last spring with the intention of providing honey to our patients.

Last night, someone STOLE ALL 3 HIVES!

REWARD: $1,000 reward to anyone who has information leading to the return of our hives. Any and all information is appreciated. Although the hives are pretty generic, if you see new placement of bees, or know anything about this incident please PM us. They had copper tops and marked "Bee Well" (Bee Well Honey in Pickens, SC).

PLEASE SHARE

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Get your branding iron. Get your beekeeper ID number from your county / shire.

Let's all take photos of our hives, if for no other reason than just to post here in such a case.

Should we start a voluntary contribution fund for stolen hive rewards? What would the conditions be? Perpetrator convicted and forced to restore 200% of the hives stolen?

Ideas?

·
Registered
276 Posts

Let's all take photos of our hives, if for no other reason than just to post here in such a case.

Should we start a voluntary contribution fund for stolen hive rewards? What would the conditions be? Perpetrator convicted and forced to restore 200% of the hives stolen?

Ideas?
That seems completely out of proportion and illegal to enforce. And people buy insurance to cover loses due to theft.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Sorry to hear about the theft. I'm guessing that one of the patients developed a sweet tooth himself or to someone else about them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great Idea!......

Ideas?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was unlucky enough to have three stolen a few years ago. I was lucky in that they were recovered by someone else that also had theirs stolen. Nothing was ever done about it, during an election year yadda yadda. One excuse used was not being able to positively identify the hives. Recovering the equipment was the most important to me, btw Karma has a way of playing her cards. I can agree on the punishment of assembling new equipment. The more I dwelled upon how much time I had spent assembling six deeps and 2 mediums and feed to get them pulled out the more angry I got. I had built everything else and could identify them anywhere but that didn't matter.

Keep you nose to the wind and keep talking about it and it will eventually come out who took them. Somebody knows and will eventually tell it. I gave the trash too much credit, figured they had someone out of the area to take delivery. Turns out he was going to get into the business or something. Anyway some one knows something keep the word out. Good luck and I know how you feel.

·
Registered
410 Posts
We have a free roaming Rottweiler on our place. We bring her in at night or when its cold. But the daytime drive by light fingered fellows checking places out don't know when she's in or out. What's nice about a Rottweiler they cant be seen at night when its dark.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Ideas?
http://www.tscra.org/index.html

Heres how Texans handle cattle and horse thiefs. Bees should be no different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts