So I went into fall with four hives. Two of which the city they were in killed. They decided they needed to spray the park across the street with something that killed everything, including birds and anything else that got into it. I had one Hive stolen, ended up getting the hive body parts back but no bees. My last hive made it through winter fantastically. This is the third year for this hive. The bees have been bringing in Pollen for about two weeks, they started bringing in nectar this week. Upon inspection I found an entire frame of drone comb. I decided to go ahead and make a split. I placed the queen in a queen catcher, moved her two frames of capped brood over to a new box. Leaving the youngest eggs in the river in the original hive for them to produce a new queen. Then took the box with the old queen to a new location. We shall see how it goes.