Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The first was epic fail. This was the easiest one I have ever had. Got a call from my BIL tonight at 7:30. He was at Church. The preacher was telling him about some bees that are on his tree. So he called me. Nice swarm about 18" off the ground. Nice and easy. As you can see they just marched right in.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I sheared some down to fit my entance. I had a couple swarms abscond on me last year the day after I got them in the box. Haven't lost one since. Some just use a whole one and place the box on top of it. Between the box and bottom board and remove it after she starts relaying.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Congrats! I am so happy for ya, especially after that ou lost that one last week, I felt so bad for ya. But hey, this one looks VERY nice! I shall raise a pint in your honor right now. CHEERS! :applause:

Craig

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured you just showed them the tazer and gave them the talk. "If you leave I will beeline you and taze you" :p:D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Excellent idea on the excluder idea till the queen begins laying. I have access to some old queen excluders and will surely do the same now. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very nice!! I had one just like that last year and they absconded! So easy to get and so quick to leave.:( Now I know your nifty trick to keeping there. Thanks for sharing!!:)

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent idea on the excluder idea till the queen begins laying. I have access to some old queen excluders and will surely do the same now. Thanks for the idea.

I was given that tip a while back and like to show it every swarm season for the ones that haven't seen it before.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Howdy. New here and to keeping, did you have the queen in the hive already or a lure of some kind or:shhhh: did they just march in ? Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts