Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bee season is almost here and we are ready for it are you? NUCS AND PACKAGES OF BEES FOR SALE!!! You can order online, call, or stop in at 858 Mercer Street in Princeton, WV! Call anytime at 681-282-5161
馃悵
馃悵
馃悵

VSH Italian, Mite Mauler, and Russian Queens $45.00
VSH Italian Packages $129.95
Russian Packages $134.95
Buckfast Nucs $195.00
VSH Italian Nucs $189.00
VSH Carniolan Nucs $195.00
https://blueridgebeecompany.com/.../hive.../live-bees/

Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
Yes it does.

Reactions: Struttinbuck

Registered
Small Cell Nucs
This is where i got 3 Russian queens last year. Their cluster size was so small all winter I really didnt think they were going to make it. But I didnt know that many Russians overwinter with a softball size cluster. Certainly wasnt concerned about their food stores. And I ordered more this year.

Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
Can you say "road trip"? I am driving to Calvin, WV to get two of Jason's queens and your mileage to Princeton from Japer is only a little further. And think of all the girls that will be keeping you company during the drive back home.

Reactions: Struttinbuck

Registered
USDA Hardiness Zone 8a
Can you say "road trip"?
During the spring of 2015 I think, I made three such road trips to pick up packages, each in a different direction. First to Wilks-Barre, PA (17 hours - 1130 miles), then to Baxley, GA (9 hours - 500 miles), and last to Navasota, TX (8 hours - 457 miles). The bees from TX were mean. I enjoyed the road trips with my wife, but will probably not be repeating them unless the USPS shuts down.

Premium Member
Mutts.
Can you say "road trip"? I am driving to Calvin, WV to get two of Jason's queens and your mileage to Princeton from Japer is only a little further. And think of all the girls that will be keeping you company during the drive back home.
Maybe in a few years... For now anything that far is out of the question. Have wrote to a few closer queen breeders and never received a reply. Know of two local beeks who have breeder queens and hope to buy daughters if they raise any this year. MSL's recent post in the whats your TF survivability thread about virgins has me regretting not ordering some from New River. They did not sell out near as fast as the mated queens.

Registered
Small Cell Nucs
Last year this guy had some Micheal Palmer queens too. I live smack dab between Jason and Blue ridge. Then A place called Wills bee keeping is between the 2 also. In a little place called Shady Spring. Dont know how I wound up by the best bee places in the world. But glad I did. :)

Registered
Maybe in a few years... For now anything that far is out of the question. Have wrote to a few closer queen breeders and never received a reply. Know of two local beeks who have breeder queens and hope to buy daughters if they raise any this year. MSL's recent post in the whats your TF survivability thread about virgins has me regretting not ordering some from New River. They did not sell out near as fast as the mated queens.
which ones were you looking for from New River Honey bees?

Registered
Small Cell Nucs
One each of every thing! ;) Well, not all the first year. Two or three years of finding out what works here, then buy an II breeder queen just before I retire. And yes, Buckfast is on my list to try just not at the very top.
I have 6 Carnica virgins coming from Jason .And they are from the Sue Colby line. :)
Yea once I get them they are going to be mated with mutts. But still the mutts I have are prolly 80 percent caucasion . They show all the traits of Caucusus bees except for their offspring arent all grey. Their swarming instinct is very very low. I had bees bearding all summer because of numbers, not heat and was able to keep them from swarming. Without splitting! I just kept a little extra space in their box and never seen a queen cell. They would beard, I would add a box. Strongest colonies I had. It was neat to see when I would add a box, the next day the bearding was gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts