Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I left this movie thinking
Raj Patel is a moron.
He effectively claimed research that was not his, which of course had me questioning some of the
other parts of the movie.

(sorry to ruin the good effect and response track record)

·
Banned
4,229 Posts
I got a kick out of the French guy who rubbed the bees on a comb with his mustache. "See. Zay like zee mustache." :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I left this movie thinking
Raj Patel is a moron.
He effectively claimed research that was not his, which of course had me questioning some of the
other parts of the movie.

(sorry to ruin the good effect and response track record)
Not at all, everyone has their own opinion, you must know though, that the target audience for our series are those that care about what we are eating and what might be in it and the effects of modern farming methods on our food and environment. You might be the kind of guy who wouldn't attend anything like that, but those people that follow our "Free" movies screenings are already predisposed to agree.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You might be the kind of guy who wouldn't attend anything like that
I bought and read Animal Vegetable Miracle, and it's been a rapid spiral now of
owning a farm, and now becoming a hermit that does not attend anything, so your really right on more than one level.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought and read Animal Vegetable Miracle, and it's been a rapid spiral now of
owning a farm, and now becoming a hermit that does not attend anything, so your really right on more than one level.
I suppose that if you are living it, you don't have time to attend anything and probably already have decided which methods fit your particular place. Like I said, these people are mostly foodies with a few food freedom activists sprinkled in, not sure how many of them are actually farmers. But there are more and more small family farms getting away from chemicals and I believe that is a good thing. The film was good in pointing out that there is a problem, and the bees have been trying to tell us for quite some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts