Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
It doesn't look like the guy removing the bees had a very kind and gentle approach, where's the vacuum?
I can't agree with Earthchild when she says that any Beek would have gladly taken care of this. I don't have time for cut-outs. I could be guilted into it if I thought they were my bees that had swarmed and infested a house.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
As the repoerter said at the beginning "turn the AC down to 70 deg right away because then the bees can't function":rolleyes:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't look like the guy removing the bees had a very kind and gentle approach, where's the vacuum?
I can't agree with Earthchild when she says that any Beek would have gladly taken care of this. I don't have time for cut-outs. I could be guilted into it if I thought they were my bees that had swarmed and infested a house.
Correct. Not just ANY beek. I should have said "Any beek who has the time, right equipment, and the patience of a saint." :D

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
My pop up blocker is not allowing it. Gotta reset something.

Is this the Houston deal by chance? Heard something about that today.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That is completely unbelievable. That many bees is just .... well, unbelievable.

No smoke on the outside of the house, no bee vac and then how he just grabbed rows of beecomb and just trashed it all in a bag. Strictly an exterminator, no beek here.

Question: After watching this video for the second time, how did they get all those thousands of bees out of the house? Remember the ones crawling all over the floor and walls of the boy's room? What about those?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well at least we know that these guys are not beeks; they are pest control/exterminators. You can tell that they live up to that by the way they handled this business. Poor bees and poor people who live in the house.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Did you see those bee suits ? completely white . not beeks at allllllll. I did two cut outs today and safely removed the hive . Bees , Wax , Brood , all. There now in my apiary where I can provide them further care and reap the benefits .. Gotta love news broadcasts about bees . so full of misinformation. I'll bet he charged them hundreds of dollars for that too..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Did everyone see the part of the video where he's on a ladder outside the house and just pounding his hand on the wall? :eek::doh: He knows the camera is on hime and he's making the bees made and playing to the camera.:no:

I thought the whole idea was to keep the bees as calm as possible.:thumbsup:

Has anyone thought to contact that poor reporter and tell her that bees function "perfectly" at 70 degrees? That's serious misinformation. I don't blame her, she probably was told that by the exterminator. I don't see a reporter just making up a specific piece of information like 70 degrees unless led to it by someone else. Now, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Just because they go after something dark doesn't mean they have africinized genetics. Their home is being ravaged by a monster(in their eyes) and he is not using smoke. They are just being defensive.

·
Registered
359 Posts
WOW! I never knew that bees couldn't function at 70 degrees. Amazing. :rolleyes:

Didn't they EVER think of calling a beekeeper? I mean how hard is it to do that? You can even do things like searching the Internet for a beekeeper. :doh:

Yes, pounding on the wall makes for a dramatic show for the media.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts