Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to try and make some 2 way pallets based on georgiabees.blogspot.com design. I live in Texas so I was considering screening part of the bottom. Recommendations to why I should or should not?
Also should I get 3/4 inch plywood or would 1/2” work.
I have some old boxes I need to fix some of the corners have chipped wood is there a bindi type material I can fill the holes with and then just repaint?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Their are some wood epoxy out their. I use in my painting bus Abatron WoodEpox. But for the price that box are. I would just replace the box. Or cut out the bad spot and put a new piece of wood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We started palletizing with 2 ways, using 1/2 PT. They work fine with hand equipment, but now do 4 way and 3/4 PT to withstand rougher lift and stacking stress. Solid bottoms for us, but many use screened bottoms. BTW we fabricate with a 2 1/2" single center board with the W clips recessed to flush surface. If you don't plan to migrate truckloads, 2 ways are a good way to go. If you decide to go with solid bottoms, provide a drainage solution for standing water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts