Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started this spring with three nucs. Removed feeders and put on supers.
Two hives have moved up and filling with honey quite well, but one will not go up into honey super. The two brood boxes below look full, but maybe not
enough for them. I am afraid they will swarm. How can I get them to go up?
Maybe a baggie feeder with a bit of syrup? Thanks. (the honey supers are
all drawn comb).

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
move a full frame into the supper but make sure the Queen is not on the frame moved up. Take the frame from the supper and place it in the brood box.
Clint

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Move a full frame into the supper but make sure the Queen is not on the frame moved up. Take the frame from the supper and place it in the brood box.
Clint

·
Registered
760 Posts
im reading this and thinking that Clint has miss lead the new keeper as from what it sounds like it they they have 2 DEEP brood Boxes on the bottom and would like the supper (MED) im guessing to get drawn out ---

thats the way i read the OP

but how are you going to get a deep frame to fit in the med box and a med frame into a deep box???? just a thought

i like to bait them up with dipping the frames in wax or putting sugar syrup on the foundation

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think i have a similar question as a new beek. I have two full deeps but the top deep has only mostly capped honey with NO brood. I checked the bottom super and there's new brood. I was about to add a shallow but ran into this situation. Is it a situation? should i swap a brood frame for a honey?

Thanks in advance,:scratch:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe you're right, it may be honeybound. But shouldn't I put if I put a new deep w foundation about the brood deep and not below? My understanding is that the queen likes to go up, though, obviously she didn't when I added the second deep a few weeks ago; hence the honey bound problem. What you think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts