Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Checked a box I put out on the Mississippi River today and had bees. I will go back tonight and relocate them. Made box last year and failed. Put out 5 this year and used pharamone. This is the 1st time I had them set up shop in a swarm box. Real excited.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hanging branches might be over research on my part. But I wanted to give the opening some cover. To make it easier to defend from competeing swarms and honey robbers. Perhaps make it more attractive home to a bee searching for a new home. Dunno if it made a difference but I feel better in my heart

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The hanging branches might be over research on my part. But I wanted to give the opening some cover. To make it easier to defend from competeing swarms and honey robbers. Perhaps make it more attractive home to a bee searching for a new home. Dunno if it made a difference but I feel better in my heart
And I am certain the box feels better with bees in it:D Will give it a try on a few and see which one is full first. What size is the opening before the covering?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts