Hey all....I installed my packages yesterday and all went well. But today it is cold and drizzling...about 45 degrees. Is this allright to check to see if the queen is released or should i just wait another day.
Depending on the hardness of the candy I would wait at least 3 days. After 3 days check and if the queen isn't out poke the candy out with a nail so they can get her out faster. If you poke out the candy be careful so you don't push it inside the cage and injure her. After that don't meddle with them for at least another week other than giving them syrup.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Beesource Beekeeping Forums
A forum community dedicated to beekeeping, bee owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about breeding, honey production, health, behavior, hives, housing, adopting, care, classifieds, and more!