Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my 12 nucs . Home last night . Set them out for today . Hiving them tomorrow since I got my trays for my bottoms in the mail this evening .
The ride home 5 hours got home around 2am .
The pic was around 12:00 ya I know don't stop but it was 60 degrees out side and they seemed fine .

Here's most of them set out . In there spots . Everyone looked fine today so far .

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Looks to me like you are going to go on one fast ride on the learning curve.. :) Sorta the same thing I went for myself.. I like your style!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks to me like you are going to go on one fast ride on the learning curve.. :) Sorta the same thing I went for myself.. I like your style!
Ya I have 18 now plus the two nucs I made as a experiment so guess ya could say 20 hives . If the two experiments make it .
Just glad I got the 6 there 2 months ago since have learnt a ton fast with them .

And ya the fast learning curve is what . Because if I can get it half way learnt next year I'm going to jump it even more .

I got me a helper I believe the boy that helped me the other day . Believe he mite be going to like beekeeping also . He knew nothing before he helped which I wasn't sure he even would . And today he came around Excited to tell me that he had been surfing the net to learning about bees . So I mite have sparked a new beek .

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ya I have 18 now plus the two nucs I made as a experiment so guess ya could say 20 hives . If the two experiments make it .
Just glad I got the 6 there 2 months ago since have learnt a ton fast with them .

And ya the fast learning curve is what . Because if I can get it half way learnt next year I'm going to jump it even more .

I got me a helper I believe the boy that helped me the other day . Believe he mite be going to like beekeeping also . He knew nothing before he helped which I wasn't sure he even would . And today he came around Excited to tell me that he had been surfing the net to learning about bees . So I mite have sparked a new beek .
Looks like you have possibly done what many a beekeeper would like to do.. Inspire the young.. My oldest son doesn't want anything to do with the bees, but the next one down the line can't keep his face out of the doors of the hives.. lol.. Even my wife loves the bees now. I never imagined when I first got into beekeeping that it would be so much fun to open a hive and look at the progress of the bees and to work with them.

What's that saying.... "IF i knew 20 years ago what I know now?" lol...

Keep up the great work !

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you have possibly done what many a beekeeper would like to do.. Inspire the young.. My oldest son doesn't want anything to do with the bees, but the next one down the line can't keep his face out of the doors of the hives.. lol.. Even my wife loves the bees now. I never imagined when I first got into beekeeping that it would be so much fun to open a hive and look at the progress of the bees and to work with them.

What's that saying.... "IF i knew 20 years ago what I know now?" lol...

Keep up the great work !
Ya it's pretty cool to spark the interest in this boy because he's basically a poor city boy that would have never had this interest if it had't been for me and my interest also and my money to play .

·
Registered
489 Posts
Good on you for instillling interest in this fascinating hobby.

I like your beeyard by the way. Very organized, which my OCD loves.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts