Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-5 of 5 Results
  1. Diseases and Pests
    I have both pigs and bees in my back yard. Not a lot of pigs (just 3). I raise the pigs for meat and decided to de-worm them last week. I use the Wazine-17 de-wormer in the pig's water as directed. I checked my 2 hives on Saturday and both were dead. I know that the bees drink from the pigs...
  2. Diseases and Pests
    I had a bad experience this year in one of my apiaries where I used a package of bees to boost a lack-luster hive. I put newspaper over the brood box, put on an empty box, and shook the package onto the newspaper. The bees looked terrible. Deformed ans shriveled wings everywhere, and lots of...
  3. Beekeeping 101
    Hi Everyone, I'm hoping you can help me suss out what happened to my bees... On April 27, I purchased 5 packages of bees and installed them in my top bar hives. All of the hives were built of the same wood, same outer paint, no glues or adhesives at all. They were each given 4 bars of empty...
  4. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hey everyone! I live in North Carolina and we just had a fabulous weekend for doing a few inspections. I went in both of my hives – one was thriving – tons of capped brood, honey, bees, etc... The other one had far fewer bees and no brood whatsoever. I was not able to find a queen. I...
  5. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hey guys, Season has started up here in Quebec. I had a terrible year with only, so far, 5 hives making it out of 13 :( So now I have 8 hives, on two deep brood chambers that are completely dead. What do you guys do with the frames of these hives? I can probably give some frames to the other...
1-5 of 5 Results