Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 87 Results
  1. Beekeeping 101
    Hi any significant behaviour to watch colony for that may indicate virgin preparing to leave or on mating flight. Not wanting to open and disturb hive. I did observe a drone take flight this afternoon. He wasn't dragged or pushed, was more like 'go get em tiger' and he zoomed off with a mission...
  2. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    Howdy from Texas Y’all, My wife and I are in our third year of Topbar Hive Beekeeping and are starting Langs this year. As part of our planning and preparing for expanding (our knowledge and apiary), we’re going to journey into rearing our own Queens. I’m sure I haven’t read every post or...
  3. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    Need some advice from experienced beekeepers... I am doing a Hogan trapout from behind a concrete block wall. Got a box full of nice bees, but not the queen. She may be too far inside. So I gave them a frame with some eggs from my "favorite" queen at home to see if I would draw her out or if...
  4. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hello everyone, What are your thoughts and does anyone have actual experience purchasing hives from a commercial beekeeper? Reading American Bee Journal, and the ads in the back of the magazine, sometimes you see someone is selling like 5000 hives, so my question is what is the quality of the...
  5. General Bee Forum Discussions
    anyone know where to get like something that would go on your steering wheel and holds a frame for grafting? I almost always graft from my truck in the bee yard as that is the most convenient for me.
  6. Consumer Report
    My Queens arrived on time and obviously in good condition on 05-05-20. I installed them that evening using the method described by Harry Vanderpool. These two photos were taken last evening 06-01-20. All four nucs are doing about the same. I am very pleased. Alex
  7. Member Classifieds
    Carniolan/Italian queens ready to ship or pick up. Great quality fully mated queens. Feel free to call/text or email for more information Price Quantity $26 1–28 $22 28+ Powerbee12@hotmail.com 530-923-0942 Noel Tinoco
  8. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    Just wondering if some experienced queen breeders could use this thread to post some basic info for us noobs. maybe post some photos etc about how you go about the business. Preparation Setting up cell builders, etc. Best way to collect larvae Photos of your grafting setup. Timetables Anything...
  9. Member Classifieds
    Certified queen breeder of Florida I have 4 laying queens all 2019 stock left over from mating nucs after combines. 2- Italians 2- Carniola's very good pattern and gentle Price $25.00ea plus shipping add $9.00 up to 4 queens John Wathey 813-480-2947 watheyhms@gmail.com Marion County, Florida...
  10. Member Classifieds
    We are a Treatment Free Apiary located in Vermont selling Queens from our Overwintered Northern Hardy Stock. Our queens are a mixture of several lines, including Russian,Italian, Buckfast and Purvis . We are catching start date of June 19th through August. $30 a queen unless ordering over 11...
  11. Member Classifieds
    Hello.We are Mcfarline Apiary and are located in Benson,VT. We are selling Queens raised from Northern Overwintered Breeding Stock that are a mix of Carniolian, Buckfast, Russian, VP Queens and Purvis Queens. The first catch is June25th and then three more, every 8 days. The cost is $30.00 a...
  12. Member Classifieds
    Overwintered five frames nucs for sale consisting of an overwintered queen, raised last summer, and the equivalent of three and a half to four frames of brood and bees produced from her making. The fifth frame consists of pollen and honey resources. Nucs are cash and carry and can be picked up...
  13. Want To Buy
    Looking for local, or close by, vendor to buy queens from near tyler tx. who is closest with availability?
  14. General Bee Forum Discussions
    I'm making nucs and raising queens for the first time this year and while I don't expect to be making nucs through late July I am wondering when is a good time to halt queen rearing and nuc building and start prepping for fall? The goal is to raise nucs to sell for a few rounds and then...
  15. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    I'm new to raising queens (aside from walkaway splits) so please forgive me if this is a typical question but I just can't find anything specific with any of my search terms. Background: I have about 8 overwintered healthy hives that are already pretty strong in Feb. I like the genetics of...
1-15 of 87 Results