Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-5 of 5 Results
  1. Beekeeping 101
    Turns out my mite control early in the year was not as effective as expected, so I have one hive with an excessive mite load. This is my second year as a beek, so still dialing in how to be a beekeeper rather than a varroa mite keeper. I did a full course of OA vaporization over the last two...
  2. Beekeeping 101
    My niece and I installed 6 new nucs a week and a half ago. She took pictures today of the sticky boards and disposed of them, but unfortunately the camera is pretty low resolution and she didn't really inspect them. I read an archived post on beesource that had interesting ideas on what you...
  3. General Bee Forum Discussions
    I want to start using sticky boards this year, but I am a bit short on information. What do you use, and what would you consider a threshold 24 hour mite drop? I live in a 5b maritime type climate. I watched the University of Guelph videos, and they lard up a manilla file folder. They pull them...
  4. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hello, Does anybody know how to get the sticky board out if bees glued it using propolis? I wanted to do an inspection this morning to see what's going on on the bottom board and couldn't take it out on both my hives :( Later I noticed that bees glued it to the sliding place using a propolis...
  5. General Bee Forum Discussions
    I'd like to monitor mites better this year so will be using some sort of sticky board set-up, though I need to make it work with solid bottom boards. I gather that any thin material can be used and standard PAM spray can be used as the "sticky" material. Is it possible for bees to crawl on...
1-5 of 5 Results