Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 141 Results
  1. Photo/Video Gallery
    We got a call last week from Deidra and Lisa about bees that were living in an ICV box on their property. They want to save bees in their HOA network, not exterminate them. Read More about HOAs looking to save bees and not exterminate them: Thank you, Vegas Bees
  2. Post Your Swarm Dates
    March 30, 2022, First Swarm Was Caught - We Will See About This Year. This was it, going for the Lowes 5-gallon bucket.
  3. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    Hello everyone, I am a beekeeper from Transcarpathia, Ukraine.I am completely new to this forum and would like to know what you think of the Carpathian bee?It would beveryinteresting to talk with you. Thanks for the answers
  4. Diseases and Pests
    The black bear. I was out poking around in the clear cut over the ridge from my house. Crow flies distance no more than a mile or so, a bit more running on my atv. I noticed quite a bit of bear sign, likely a small black bear based on size, color, shape, presence of berries, lack of bear bells...
  5. New Member Introductions
    Hi everyone, after almost 50 years in the business I am thinking of slowing down. I’m in the Columbia Valley, The Dalles, and have an established business with many locations and established land owners in the area. anyone have ideas as to how to pass on this business properly? Do I sell with...
  6. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Would anyone in the Cda/Spokane vicinity have a Nuc for sale? I just lost one of my bee packages in this weather . . :confused: Did a quick peek check and found the mess of soggy bees, even though the the lid appeared to be correctly seated. The other two packages are doing great as are my...
  7. New Member Introductions
    I’m getting my first beehive on Dec 1st. It’ll be the start of summer here in Australia and I’m so excited to become a beekeeper!! I recently got approved for a beekeeping license and I’m ready to start my journey!!
  8. New Member Introductions
    My name is Susie, and I'm relatively new to beekeeping. I've done a course to extend my knowledge, but I decided to join a forum to expand my horizons and to find great new tips and advice from other beekeepers.
  9. Beekeeping 101
    What is going on? Its currently raining and they aren’t moving or flying just sitting here. Their queen is fine last time i checked and they have plenty of room.
  10. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hello everyone, What are your thoughts and does anyone have actual experience purchasing hives from a commercial beekeeper? Reading American Bee Journal, and the ads in the back of the magazine, sometimes you see someone is selling like 5000 hives, so my question is what is the quality of the...
  11. General Bee Forum Discussions
    I have a good bit of hives, and love messing with my honey bees. They are some really neat creatures. But, I got a question from someone a couple weeks back and I'm honestly a little stumped. "Do honey bees have a negative impact on native pollinators?" I feel like its a yes with improper...
  12. Beekeeping 101
    Hello everyone, I have been buying Mannlake's Ultra bee powder FD-210, For years. I would mix 2:1sugar syrup, And then mix in the powder FD - 210 until I would form a patty. This year I bought 2 pails 10 lbs each, And both smell (kinda nice, not like it use to be), differently, as well as...
  13. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hi all, I'm Anabella and I'm a graduate student at Texas Tech University. I'm writing my master's report on communicating for conservation. My research seeks to examine audience perceptions of pollinator conservation on social media. Data from the survey will help inform conservation managers...
  14. Beekeeping 101
    Hello everyone, Can you please give me ideas on how to and where to store frames after I spin and extract the honey? Also, do I need to scrape off all the wax that stays on the frames after extraction or keep it for bees to rebuild on it next year. Also Do I need to put the frames in the deep...
  15. Member Classifieds
    Hi all, The tickets have been booked and the decision is final, I am officially moving to Hawaii from Atlanta in October. I need to do a lot of work on my yard before I go, so I need to sell all my bees here ASAP. Since I'm not allowed to bring ANY used bee equipment with me, I must sell it...
  16. Member Classifieds
    Nucs include 5+ frames of brood / honey / new queen / bees All of our options are made up during the spring using bees with a queen grafted by us at CNC Honey Farms. All of our options will be available to pick up around mid-April. When you receive your hive, it will contain five-plus frames of...
  17. Member Classifieds
    Greetings, All! Gold Star Honeybees has 3# packages of gorgeous treatment-free "mutt" bees - a hardy mix of Italian, Carniolan, and Russian. Shipped insured to the lower 48 US. Review our Bee order policies here: We make it easy to order online and we've got 6 ship dates available for 2020...
  18. Member Classifieds
    Nucs for Sale. Available around mid-April. Nucs include 5+ frames of brood / honey / new queen / bees All of our options are made up during the spring using bees with a queen grafted by us at CNC Honey Farms. All of our options will be available to pick up around mid-April. When you receive...
1-18 of 141 Results