CS Mead And More

Default CS Mead And More

I haven't looked through the threads here so apologize if you are aware of these brewers. I stumbled upon their youtube channel while looking for sparkling hard cider recipes.
    Their main focus seems to be mead,so thought some here may find it useful. Might make mead when I have a good year with excess honey, but its cider this year.
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCqgnJOZ4ity3nQL_xe_hGYg

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: CS Mead And More

Use that honey that accidentally hit the floor if the floor was clean before the honey hit the floor. If the floor had engine oil, antiifreeze, insectide on it previously NEVER MIND! Use the hot water you used to wash out your extractor and reheated to wash your tools and containers. With your hydrometer and recipe in hand you will soon have a must. Use that honey washed out of your capping wax and that accidentally overheated and darkened honey. If you have a will there is a way.

Thanks Vance. I was pretty efficient this year so really can't spare much honey unless you have a method for getting it off off the doorknobs too. But out of curiosity, how much would I need to make a small batch? I have some one gallon plastic fermenters and my daughter is coming over to extract hers tomorrow, so maybe capping bin would be enough?
    I have to confess I only tried mead once about 25 years ago that a friend made and didn't care for it. But I have no idea if he knew what he was doing. J

FiveJ - for one gallon batch you will need appr. 1 quarter of honey. Depends on yeast and flavor editions that gives you around 9-12 months of waiting time to get so-so mead.

Thanks Stefan. Sound like I should wait until next year. J