The Covid 19 Thread - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Default Re: The Covid 19 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Holcombe View Post
    Saltybee "Not putting away my mask yet." Curious thing happened on way into Walmart and a couple of other incidents:

1. in the ice cream line at local shop ( good stuff) - whisperers, white immigrants, " isn't he overdoing ,, noise. denigration,, chuckles" - I smiled to myself.

2. Delivery truck driver, African American - looks at me and says "where did you get that from and how much?" Told him and thought - smart guy!

3. Walking into Walmarts, South American descent, lady says " oh you got one of the good ones". I simply showed thumbs up! Another smart one.

I think my efforts and marketing may be catching on. Can anyone explain why a mask with P95 filters for $24.00 is not being used by everyone, not in mass production under defense procurement rules of cost plus, fixed fee, why the school children do not have them? Provided for free? It this administration that stupid? Afraid to speak out, including the medical profession. Or do I have a misunderstanding about "filtering properly creates isolation" and protects me? With a very low level of risk? A free running economy with worker protection and customer protection buying time. Cost ~ 7.2 billion dollars - cheap. Technical/ logic reasons only, please. If you want to go mask-less, that's your choice but in controlled zones like bars and the wilderness, not my house. The objective is to buy time, educate and sustain the economy. Employing Defense Dept. procurement and directives can be used obviate lawsuits and control cost in time of emergency. ( Gotta go check on some building nucs - now in drought territory.)
    Call your senator and offer the 7.2 billion dollar back to work idea.
    Seems cheap against the 3.5 trillion budget we now are looking at.

IMO the politicians are thinking this is a "paper mask" type danger at 80 Cents a pop, or this would be done already.
    They are in the camp of "do something to show you care" not necessarily do the right thing or the best thing.

GG

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

These have been sold out everywhere I look for months.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsl View Post
    These have been sold out everywhere I look for months.
    one i ordered took 6 weeks to come in, so the demand has been brisk to say the least.

if we needed to make 300 million I would think the price would go down as well.

I would order one in time it arrives, the filters as well took some time was more like 3 weeks.

GG

A friend of mine wears a beekeeper veil instead of a mask...and carries a calculation, that shows that the net of the veil is capable of stopping the aerosols loaded with viruses...

Quote Originally Posted by BernhardHeuvel View Post
    A friend of mine wears a beekeeper veil instead of a mask...and carries a calculation, that shows that the net of the veil is capable of stopping the aerosols loaded with viruses...
    I bet it really takes care of the social distancing too.
    It is hard to design a safety net that some will not use as a hammock.

At least he has lots of conversations and also hands out handouts to sell his local honey.

Saltybee "Not putting away my mask yet." Curious thing happened on way into Walmart and a couple of other incidents:

1. in the ice cream line at local shop ( good stuff) - whisperers, white immigrants, " isn't he overdoing ,, noise. denigration,, chuckles" - I smiled to myself.

2. Delivery truck driver, African American - looks at me and says "where did you get that from and how much?" Told him and thought - smart guy!

3. Walking into Walmarts, South American descent, lady says " oh you got one of the good ones". I simply showed thumbs up! Another smart one.

I think my efforts and marketing may be catching on. Can anyone explain why a mask with P95 filters for $24.00 is not being used by everyone, not in mass production under defense procurement rules of cost plus, fixed fee, why the school children do not have them? Provided for free? It this administration that stupid? Afraid to speak out, including the medical profession. Or do I have a misunderstanding about "filtering properly creates isolation" and protects me? With a very low level of risk? A free running economy with worker protection and customer protection buying time. Cost ~ 7.2 billion dollars - cheap. Technical/ logic reasons only, please. If you want to go mask-less, that's your choice but in controlled zones like bars and the wilderness, not my house. The objective is to buy time, educate and sustain the economy. Employing Defense Dept. procurement and directives can be used obviate lawsuits and control cost in time of emergency. ( Gotta go check on some building nucs - now in drought territory.)
    That's some story.

GG "They are in the camp of "do something to show you care" --- I suspect the issue is part fear of failure, so do nothing or minimize risk. Another part is civil law suits, so gov't people and most people say nothing - during desing reviews all civil service groups had commercial advisers to blame. Finally, the industrial, for-profit org. will work hard agianst free stuff. The military system is free of most legal encumbrances unless they chose to allow restitution I believe - but don't make a mistake or your career is over. I saw it working. The only people who made mistakes are the ones doing something able to stand up to criticism, most do nothing thus avoid criticism - suck up and go along. The real quesiton is what's wrong with the concept? Then why are we not employing the idea.

clyderoad "That's some story." -- got more history and ides but---- going a step further for long term planning, even though I am old, I am going to buy a full mask filtering system to see if it is easier to work in. Especially wood cutting, sanding, spraying paint - even the next time I have to strip lead paint off an old wooden boat with a blow torch or a door, strip some asbestos off. For some reason I see the COVID-19 issue as minor if handle right. The next may not be so easy.

BernhardHeuvel " wears a beekeeper veil instead of a mask." ---- I would love to see the calculation and model theory with the definition of "stopping". ANy test data? Contrast this model with N95 filter test performance.

GG "They are in the camp of "do something to show you care" --- I suspect the issue is part fear of failure, so do nothing or minimize risk. Another part is civil law suits, so gov't people and most people say nothing - during desing reviews all civil service groups had commercial advisers to blame. Finally, the industrial, for-profit org. will work hard agianst free stuff. The military system is free of most legal encumbrances unless they chose to allow restitution I believe - but don't make a mistake or your career is over. I saw it working. The only people who made mistakes are the ones doing something able to stand up to criticism, most do nothing thus avoid criticism - suck up and go along. The real quesiton is what's wrong with the concept? Then why are we not employing the idea.
    Well you can just suck it up and go along . The person you go along with needs to be correct, AND it needs to be the way you wanted to go. The 1 size fits all really doesn't.

Seems it is easier to criticize and tear down things , than it is to do and lead. Keep in mind some who want to be "followed" are not into freedom. reminds me of the bread crumbs leading to a trap. Free food and Housing , and phones are free for a reason . And at the end of the day nothing is really free.

GG

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415