odd findings in my hive

Default odd findings in my hive

Hi. 1st year keeping. I've had difficulty, think I killed the queen, HOWEVER; they requeened. 2 questions If they made more than 1 queen cell will they kill the other queens if they hatch? Also, last 2 checks I saw cells with larvae in them and now capped BUT I saw 1 larvae each time kind of sitting on top of a cell with a few bees tending to it. Why and that is this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: odd findings in my hive

The first virgin that hatches kills the rest.

could be the queen cell attached to the top bar of the box below that was tore in 1/2 when you pulled it apart.
    seen one with 7 Q cells last year where 5 were torn in 1/2 when the hive bodies were separated.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Goose View Post
    could be the queen cell attached to the top bar of the box below that was tore in 1/2 when you pulled it apart.
    seen one with 7 Q cells last year where 5 were torn in 1/2 when the hive bodies were separated.

GG
    The queen cells were not on the top. I was wondering, since it has been very dry by us and blooms are scarce, that they may need more pollen protein so they are attacking and ingesting larvae? I may try to put out a pollen substitute. Jenny.

That is my best hope! I replied to another suggestion that I was wondering if they are attacking and ingesting larvae seeing our area is very dry and blooms are scarce. Maybe they need a pollen substitute. Jenny.