Idiots Apiary - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idiots Apiary

Default Re: Idiots Apiary

William:

Good update- sorry to hear about the colony failure. All-in-all it sounds like things are going well in your apiary and I like your idea of experimenting with a few side-by-side comparisons. I'll look forward to reading about your notes and conclusions.

Haven't done any feeding here yet but based on the amount of drawn comb in a few of the new swarm starts I may need to think long-and-hard about it...

Keep up the good work-

Russ
    Ecclesiastes 11:4

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like not so much a colony failure as a colony that successfully reproduced several new colonies.

Russ:

Thanks for the encouragement! BTW, my conclusion is that bee keeping is a bunch of hard work.

Got the feeder on the Warre and its base replaced. Also pulled the bottom box which was not being used due to the window cover missing. Will make a new one and add it back later.

Quote Originally Posted by AR1 View Post
    Sounds like not so much a colony failure as a colony that successfully reproduced several new colonies.

At least two. Doubtful that the secondary swarm was large enough to make it but who knows. Seemed like a lot of bees in the air, but the wife who witnessed both it and the primary swarm said it was tiny in comparison.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12