Show us a pic of layens , lazutin, any deep body hive

Default Show us a pic of layens , lazutin, any deep body hive

Ok might up set few people on this posting ,
    Being realistic , lang stroth design , has been around for a long time! ! It is a great hive !, it is 1/2 to 3/4 boards and was designed 80 plus years ago in a specific area, its popularity grew because of ease to use ,

So we do not live in our great grand parents homes built a 100 plus years ago! We all have evolved, meaning we live in insulated super good sense homes , yet bees are expected to live in hives that were designed to be in southern mild climates , then bees die after a cold wet winter while we all live in super good sense homes , then some people are so dense. They live in nice warm house! Then their bees that are in northern climates , die (winter kill , weakened because of chemicals, really ?

Would you let your parents , or kids live in a un insulated house ? Us as bee keepers have to open our eyes ! Some hives are design for warmer climates, I am just saying for colder climates maybe us hobbyist should take common sense pill , yes it's cheap for lang stroth hive , but we should step up for the bees ,

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Show us a pic of layens , lazutin, any deep body hive

Please feel free to share photos and plans of the hives you design. There is a lot of interest in the idea of insulated hives, but the idea itself is not new. In fact, it has been around for about as long as great granddad's house.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Heck, I'd prefer to live in a home designed like the 'old' homes, they were so practical. And I prefer a small home, and a LARGE yard. I HATE to see all the McMansions that are being built on little tiny postage stamp lots. Most of the Northern keeps add some sort of insulation in winter. I have rigid foam insulation I use, fits over the hive. Next year I may end up replacing them, they've gotten a little beat up and cannibalized. They work great.
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

I've heard it said that "those who claim to know what is right for others are the most dangerous people in the world" - but personally, I just find them a little annoying.

LJ (who hates central heating and fitted carpets with a passion)
    A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com/

Go here and look yourself.
    Photos have been shared by many.
    https://www.beesource.com/forums/for...tal-Hive-Forum
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

I'm confused - are you looking for pictures, or just ranting?

BTW - many of us in the colder north insulate our hives for the winter. It really isn't that tough to add it when needed, and take it away when not.
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.