Man Lake question

Default Man Lake question

I am looking on line and the ML prices are higher than listed in the 2020 catalogue for the items that I am looking for.

Is this right?

I thought that companies stayed with the prices they had posted in their catalogue for the year not see one price and mid year see price increases.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Man Lake question

JimD: I honestly don't know what is going on with Mann Lake right now. Not on the top of their game. There is another thread running on the board right now about some dissatisfaction with ML.

I called them yesterday about two items that have been back-ordered for over a month. I got an answering service that took my name and number and said I would be called by a Mann Lake representative. This morning, I got a UPS notification that one of the two items were sent to me by Mann Lake. No phone call. I am guessing that they got my message and it spurred them to actually send the item that was back in stock. Of course, it is the other item that is timely and I need to either have them ship it, or I need to get it somewhere else. But, I can't talk to anybody there.

my guess is the prices on stuff from over seas is going up they are passing it on to you. I tried to find the nitril gloves I usually buy, the price has tippled for the cheap ones, actually bought the better ones for less money elseware.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Look on Page 215 in the 2020 catalogue.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by AHudd View Post
    Look on Page 215 in the 2020 catalogue.

Alex
    never have looked in the catalogue, only buy from them in there spring sale, order every thing I need in March, not even sure I have a cat.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Meow, I'm hungry and my box needs cleaning.

Also their quality has clearly slipped. I just ordered a few things that I also ordered the same ones a few years ago and it is pretty bad. I don't even think they use glue any more on the wooden ware, just staples. Everything is loose, crooked, and not square or flush. Done with them for woodenware even if I have to pay more elsewhere. Shipping was fast though.

I bought 400 frames and they were on about a week later than usual.The quality of them was like always.I bought 36 deep 10 frame budget boxes and the were all good serviceable boxes.Even for budget boxes the quality was ok to me.They were only about a week slower on arrival also.Now Dadant was really slow to ship my order but I did receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    never have looked in the catalogue, only buy from them in there spring sale, order every thing I need in March, not even sure I have a cat.
    My statement was directed to the OP regarding changes in pricing policy. He may have a catalogue.
    You are probably correct on the overseas cost. I'll bet the cost of labor in the USA is rising also.

Alex

Alex, you must mean the part that says,
    Mann Lake Ltd. will invoice all orders on the basis of prices which are in effect at the time of shipment. We reserve the right to change catalog prices if we deem it necessary. Please feel free to confirm prices at any time. Mann Lake is not responsible for typographical errors.
    Pretty much a standard disclaimer since catalogs are often published months before they go out and costs change.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I am looking on line and the ML prices are higher than listed in the 2020 catalogue for the items that I am looking for.

Is this right?

I thought that companies stayed with the prices they had posted in their catalogue for the year not see one price and mid year see price increases.
    Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Alex, you must mean the part that says,

Pretty much a standard disclaimer since catalogs are often published months before they go out and costs change.
    Yes, when JimD states, "Is this right," I took it to mean the rhetorical 'right' as in common, acceptable practice. Maybe he meant 'right', as in correct.
    I was only trying to point out they can legally do so.
    I am assuming he has a catalogue because he states the prices are higher than in the catalogue.

Alex
    Last edited by AHudd; 07-11-2020 at 08:13 AM. Reason: clarification

I also experienced an issue with ML few weeks ago. Ordered 5 deep unassembled boxes. A week went by, never received any confirmation/ shipping email notice. Called them after 8 days, they said the order was being processed that day. It was like the order had been lost, and processing started after the phone call. Seemed uncharacteristic for their business. Received shipment 4 days after call.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus142 View Post
    Also their quality has clearly slipped. I just ordered a few things that I also ordered the same ones a few years ago and it is pretty bad. I don't even think they use glue any more on the wooden ware, just staples. Everything is loose, crooked, and not square or flush. Done with them for woodenware even if I have to pay more elsewhere. Shipping was fast though.
    I called ML earlier and everything on my order was on BO w/ no idea when it would be available. I went to this great Amish group that our bee club had gotten nuc boxes from last year. They had everything except the wax foundation that they get from,.....ML. It was an hour's drive each way but the gas was less than the shipping (sorry no free shipping). The woodwork is much nicer quality than MK and supporting a small honest business. A bit more $ but meaningless over the lif of the product. Highly reccommended.

http://foresthillbeesupply.com

Give them a try, good folk.

DH

Service from Mann lake is more reliable than other companies at the moment.

Ordered something the other week, and a week later it arrived on schedule.

Just place an $2000 order through there answering service because they do not answer the phone. Ordered out of Min and told 3-4 weeks for delivery. Truck ship used to take 1 week. Things have changed since they were bought out. It's all about the Benjamín's now. Cut employees and raise prices.

I ordered a part for my Dadant extractor from Dadent. Was delivered the next day by Speedy. Couldn't believe it. KD

Have ordered several items and I always received a confirmation, and I was surprised how quickly they were delivered. Usually order from Dadant but they have a notice on their site that indicates substantial delays due to COVID.

There is pretty much always a written statement in any printed catalog that current prices may vary from what's in the catalog and that's across pretty much every business that (still) publishes a paper catalog and/or paper flyers, etc.

No issues with Mann Lake orders here to-date.
    Humble assistant to beek Alison as well as purveyor of luxury Bee condominiums...professional woodworker including CNC