It pays to be 'out' to your friends, or at least neighbors whose names you don't know - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: It pays to be 'out' to your friends, or at least neighbors whose names you don't

That and Outer Limits

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: It pays to be 'out' to your friends, or at least neighbors whose names you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    Oh, I am getting some. I have spoken with a few local and some a little farther away in state. Just a matter of availability and moneys. Probably have them by April.
    Mooresville to Aylett is 300 miles one way. Just under a 5 hour trip. When do you want your bees?
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Mooresville to Aylett is 300 miles one way. Just under a 5 hour trip. When do you want your bees?
    I will not be spending 5 hours in a Prius with a colony. But thanks, all the same!

I was thinking two colonies, but yeah, a Prius is just not an appropriate bee hauling vehicle. All the same, you are welcome to visit if you are in the area.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    I was thinking two colonies, but yeah, a Prius is just not an appropriate bee hauling vehicle. All the same, you are welcome to visit if you are in the area.
    If only I were still in C-Ville...

Prius would be fine. In this heat the bees would appreciate the a/x as well. Just make sure the lid is closed. The odd stray bee will go out the window of you crack it. I have had Nucs go 3 hours to long island and NJ inside the car.... Just don't stop for lunch....

Typo: a/c

Nice! I have a very nice 1946 edition of The Hive and The Honey Bee handed down from my Grandfather. I'm wondering what the differences are. If it's anything like his edition of Gray's Anatomy, it's better left on the shelf except for occasional comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by MikelB View Post
    Nice! I have a very nice 1946 edition of The Hive and The Honey Bee handed down from my Grandfather. I'm wondering what the differences are. If it's anything like his edition of Gray's Anatomy, it's better left on the shelf except for occasional comfort.
    I do love old books. However, I use Calibre to collect and curate the ones I have chosen to read. Since most of everything that is in the Public Domain contains all the collected bee knowledge that seems merely to be repeated... except for varroa and pehaps some other diseases, meh. Occasionally I will buy some book, and ultimately find that it reads like a 7th grade book report liberally 'borrowing' from these tomes of old. And yet some others are just full on re-releases of them verbatim. I will say that so far, I have found a handful of people producing some novel work, but then it tends to amount to a chapter or two, surrounded by... well you guessed it. There is a beauty and elegance in the language and style of these old books. I look forward to seeing new authors embody some of this as well as some new information, that is not some strange gimmick or odd "tire kicking" superstition. I look forward hopefully, but not really all that expectant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12