I did a rob and deep dive Friday and as I have posted started the spring with best strongest hives I have ever had in 30 years of beekeeping till one got poisoned and the other swarmed the first week of March. (Most was in the old days where JW's moto was really true- Looked at them a few times a year and then robbed and tired to give away of all the honey.)

Anyway I got the bees back on line and did a deep dive and robbing. Of 40 frames of med supers I extracted 12 with most of the boxes with just frames, some pulled frames and a little open honey.

On the examin the deeps I had 3 frames on pollen in one and 1/2 in the other. I had 5 frames of capped brood and 7+ in the other and 40 deeps I had 4- frames of just foundation. I had a ton of capped honey in the deeps and some of it was older honey. I pulled 8 of the older deeps with dark honey and ended up with 5.5 gallons of darker honey and still left a lot of honey in the boxes.

Two questions: How much honey do you pull from these deeps if they are working toward being honey bound living in Texas north of Houston? Mild winters and a great neighborhood that has a lot of plants going all year.

What is the best course of action to be ready to rob again and still get ready for fall.

Rob and checker board or ?

How do you best handle the problem of too much honey in the deeps?