Mann Lake Alert - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mann Lake Alert

Default Re: Mann Lake Alert

I placed an order about 4 days ago and just received a notice it is arriving today.
    Very satisfied.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

I was recently at Mann Lake Pennsylvania, my sales rep took me through the warehouse to show me all the bare shelves. They are out of stock on a lot of items. Becuase of companies being closed, and people ordering since they had extra time. On top of that i know they were in the middle of instituting a new phone answering system to better link all their locations. So between the lack of supplies, excess orders, and any issues they may have had with their new system things have been going awry. However they are still the best bee supply outfit out there. We've been ordering from Mann Lake since it was Jack in his barn and the company has always done there best to help us get what we need within their ability to do so.

Aaron

Thanks for the positive feedback with Mann Lake. They have always done right by me and I feel that a lot of the problems being experienced are outside of their immediate control. It would help if they were a little more proactive with their customer service reps. Bad customer experiences are hard to erase from people's minds.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Thanks for the positive feedback with Mann Lake. They have always done right by me and I feel that a lot of the problems being experienced are outside of their immediate control. It would help if they were a little more proactive with their customer service reps. Bad customer experiences are hard to erase from people's minds.
    I find accurate communication is always acceptable. Answer the phone and be realistic. Nobody ever has issues with under promising and over performing.

Reminder Re: Mann Lake Alert

My orders go in like clock work. I order what I need in the fall for spring and order in spring what I need in the fall. I feel I've never had problems unless I ordered something I needed right away and I just don't.

Who CARES what sales are going on.

My sales rep. always takes my calls. I treat her like I want to be treated. That and I think she LOVES taking my orders twice a year. OK i do have one bich. I feel I'm worth more then a free mug and cap each year. Maybe a case or two of free foundation would be nice. Mann lake is there for the big and small beekeeper, maybe more for the big guys.$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by The Honey Householder; 06-30-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: NEEDED MORE $$$ NO SALES

Mann Lake seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes the order goes through great, other times you don't get what you ordered and have to wait for who knows how long to get it. They really need to let you know what is out of stock before taking your money. That is a long time issue. If you need something quickly, I have learned not to count on Mann Lake. You may or may not get it in a timely manner.
    Beek since 2016: Hardiness Zone 9a: in NW Florida

I realize this thread is old but a couple of things. First Mann Lake and Kelley are the same now. One bought the other a year or two ago. The same year Brushy Mountain went under, if I recall. Second, I'm on the west coast and get my stuff from Woodland Ca. I am still waiting on woodenware ordered weeks ago. I know people who ordered supers in April that still haven't gotten them. I'm beginning to wonder if their in-house woodenware shop is shut down due to the virus.
    My order of ML wax just got shipped from Kelley in KY.

Rob
    Fidalgo Island
    Sea level, Puget Sound, USDA 7a-7b

Lightbulb Re: Mann Lake Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorjet View Post
    ...However not all items Mann Lake sells are on the web site...
    Most items not listed on the web site are still available for online ordering via the search bar at the top of the page, by searching for the catalog item no.

Serious question:

What's with the hand sanitizer for sale at mann lake?

Quote Originally Posted by username00101 View Post
    Serious question:

What's with the hand sanitizer for sale at mann lake?
    I have no inside scoop, but I suspect they saw an "opportunity," and overstocked.
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

For a beekeeping supply company, isn't it "bad taste" to try to capitalize on an opportunity of this nature?

The icing on the cake? It's no better, nor is it any better priced than Amazon products.

Oh, if you aren't finished buying bee supplies, you can buy a pallet of hand sanitizer for $1800. https://www.mannlakeltd.com/mm5/merc...gory%20Listing

Mann Lake's management may wish to focus more on getting their bee supply business in order, rather than expanding into pallets of hand sanitizer.
    Last edited by username00101; 09-15-2020 at 07:41 AM.

For a beekeeping supply company, isn't it "bad taste" to try to capitalize on an opportunity of this nature?

The icing on the cake? It's no better, nor is it any better priced than Amazon products.

Oh, if you aren't finished buying bee supplies, you can buy a pallet of hand sanitizer for $1800. https://www.mannlakeltd.com/mm5/merc...gory%20Listing

Mann Lake's management may wish to focus more on getting their bee supply business in order, rather than expanding into pallets of hand sanitizer.
    It doesn't seem you have considered that:
    Sellers at many farmers markets are required to have masks and hand sanitizer on hand during market hours for customers and sales persons.
    Many Farms are required to have masks and hand sanitizer on hand for customers and sales persons. Ditto farm stands.
    Many agricultural and employers in general are required to have masks and hand sanitizer on hand for employees.
    There are others who are required to have the product available for use as well.
    Gray

Why would I purchase this product from Mann lake, rather than Amazon or Walmart?

I understand your point, but their masks are just cheap 50 packs, they're not even N95 masks. The hand sanitizer is no less expensive, nor better quality than Amazon or Walmart.

When was the last time a commercial beekeeper needed a pallet of hand sanitizer?

Why would I purchase this product from Mann lake, rather than Amazon or Walmart?

I understand your point, but their masks are just cheap 50 packs, they're not even N95 masks. The hand sanitizer is no less expensive, nor better quality than Amazon or Walmart.

When was the last time a commercial beekeeper needed a pallet of hand sanitizer?
    Buy from whomever you want.
    They are in the business of selling items that they believe their customer base, and potential new customers, may need or want.
    It's that simple.
    Gray

They are also selling poultry supplies. The horror!

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

Pallets of hand sanitizers are not the same as chickens or bee supplies.

There's no relationship.

This is just bad taste, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

They are allowed to expand into new areas as they please. I know a lot of people, myself included, that went down South after Hurricane Katrina to help the clean-up efforts despite having no prior experience. We were paid well, does that make us bad people for seeing an opportunity and taking advantage of a disaster to make money.
    Profit aside, there was a need to be filled. As long as Mannlake is not charging an exorbitant price, I say more power to them.
    Should Walmart be restricted to selling toys? Should Tractor Supply be restricted to selling only tractor supplies?
    I do, at times share your disdain for Mannlake, but lets be fair.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

I'm actually quite pleased with Mann Lake overall.

This hand sanitizer "new area" seemed to be more annoying than anything else. I really have no interest in sorting through hand sanitizer pallets on their website.

Let's not even get into the fact that hand sanitizer isn't even very effective at controlling the virus anyways. The virus is spread in the air.

I'm all for capitatim, while we still have it. If they can sell hand sanitizer hey, good for them. Long as they keep selling bee supplies I could care less what they sell on the side to stay profitable.

not to pick on Mann Lake, but one of there dealers locally just posted this
    Dont be looking for new frames any time soon. Mann Lake cant get the wood to make them. "Luckily" its too late in the season to be adding new frames for the most part anyway except as fillers.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast