Best Bee Vac?

Thread: Best Bee Vac?

Default Best Bee Vac?

Hello! What is your preferred type of bee vac? My company does around 500-1000 cut outs a year. We really don't use bee vacs. On the rare occasion that we do, we usually just use a home depot bucket vac. It works pretty reliably but it looks unprofessional, and does have more death than I care for. I have tried the bucket vacs with the cage in it like https://www.poorvalleybeefarm.com/products/bee-vac-cage, but they have a habit of getting weak springs and letting bees out.

The only time we really use vacs is when we are working indoors. Usually in an attic or room, so it doesn't have to be super mobile and light, but it doesn't hurt either. Since this is commercial, price isn't a big issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Best Bee Vac?

All of my opinions and suggestions are based on my five decades of actual beekeeping,
    not so much on book learning, watching YouTube videos nor reading internet sites.

Seriously? Is it 500 or 1000 cut outs a year? What kind of company is it? Where is the general location? With that amount of cutouts I'd think that you would have the A #1 vacuum WITH another backup? Something doesn't add up fella.
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

Quote Originally Posted by challenger View Post
    Seriously? Is it 500 or 1000 cut outs a year? What kind of company is it? Where is the general location? With that amount of cutouts I'd think that you would have the A #1 vacuum WITH another backup? Something doesn't add up fella.
    50 weeks a year X 5 working days = 250 days. 1000 cutouts / 250 days is 4 a day. I can do that and not even break a sweat. With 90% success rate I would have time to care for the 900 new colonies a year also. You NC guys should not doubt us Californians. Hell, I can do it even wearing my Corona face mask.
    All of my opinions and suggestions are based on my five decades of actual beekeeping,
    not so much on book learning, watching YouTube videos nor reading internet sites.

Sorry but I don't believe this.
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

My company does around 500-1000 cut outs a year.

Statement does not indicate it is an "I".
    It is hard to design a safety net that some will not use as a hammock.