Is this Sacbrood?

Default Is this Sacbrood?

Need some help from the experts . I baught this apis mellifera colony 3 months ago. When I baught it, there is only one capped brood, and other 4 frames were honey and pollen. For the past 3 months, the queen is laying on one frame only and there is no expansion of the colony. Basically, it still remain same like I baught it 3 months ago. When
    I check the frame, I found some abnormality. Is this sac brood?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Another picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Is this Sacbrood?

never mind

Not enough detail in picture to tell but from the information given it could well be European Foulbrood.

Varroa could cause problems with failure to expand but I dont see signs of capped brood being opened which I would expect with mites.
    Frank

Thank you. The picture compressed when i upload result in low quality. Here is the link of full picture in pdf https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEy...w?usp=drivesdk

There were signs of capped brood being open. Some of it open and left to rotten inside the cells. You could zoom the picture in the pdf file.

Quote Originally Posted by Naresh View Post
    There were signs of capped brood being open. Some of it open and left to rotten inside the cells. You could zoom the picture in the pdf file.
    Have not had first hand experience with sackbrood. Someone else may give you description of difference in dead brood compared to EFB.

These pic are EFB. Secondary bacteria can be quite variable in how the corpses decompose. Some of the opened cells look very much like yours. I do no have my files hosted so cannot refer to higher resolution.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Frank

starting at about the 3 min mark has pictures and description of most all bee diseases, the first batch of pictures are not that great the second batch as examples are better, it's actually a bee club meeting so you can ignore the end

https://vod.video.cornell.edu/media/...oJ97-2Da8HglDM
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

I can't tell from the picture. Sacbrood looks like the larva is actually in a sac. It's actually the skin of the larva that has separated from the larva. Try a search for images: https://www.google.com/search?q=sacb...w=1270&bih=614
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Thank you for your information. I will check my hive this week. Will try to capture close up picture of the larvae.

Not sac. Sac dies in capped cells in the early pupal stage. The dead brood in your photo dies in larval stage. Most likely EFB and will respond to Terramycin