Hello from Western Washington!

Default Hello from Western Washington!

My plan is to have bees, starting next year, on a homestead property DH and I bought 4 months ago. I bought a top bar hive in preparation for this and I'm keeping my eye on craigslist for more top bar hive deals.

We are planting apple trees, blueberries, hardy kiwis, passionfruit, roses, perennial flowers, annual flowers, herbs and vegetables as well. Lots of evergreen huckleberry in the area too.

Of course, I was planning to take a local beekeeping course this summer and was really excited about it, but now that everything is still in lockdown I don't know if I'll be able to take a physical course before next year. I'm thinking about taking this online course: https://extension.psu.edu/beekeeping-101

If anyone knows of any other online courses they recommend, I'd love to know!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Hello from Western Washington!

Welcome. Take any and every Course you come upon. It may sound a little redundant but there is always something to be learned.
    Proverbs 16:24

Default Re: Hello from Western Washington!

Welcome to Beesource, OlympicBees.

It sounds like you are off to a great start by planning ahead and learning as much as you can.

I have heard good things about the Penn State program, so this is likely a great choice.

Best of luck to you in your preparatory efforts- it will position you well for next year, which will be here before you know it!

Russ
    Ecclesiastes 11:4