Is Mann Lake operational right now?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Mann Lake operational right now?

Anyone know if Mann Lake is operational or not?

I placed an order like 2 weeks ago and it's like I sent my money to a ghost company.

Tried calling about 5 times, no answer. They have some "answering service" which never seems to be able to reach a Mann Lake employee.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Is Mann Lake operational right now?

They are opperational. I orderd a few weeks back. All my items were at my door in about 3 days, excluding the weekend. You may have not processed your order. You can go to their website, and sign into your account, if you made one and it has all the details, ect. Also, they send you text, and emails on progress of your order. Also, you can track ups, or us post or whatever shipping option you choose. If your not getting these updates, maybe your order just didn't process. Check above at their website. Good luck... Rich

I talked with someone at Mann Lake last week. They are swamped with orders. The guy told me any order would be backlogged. Sorry you're stuck in that category.

I received a backorder this week from them.

Quote Originally Posted by karenarnett View Post
    I talked with someone at Mann Lake last week. They are swamped with orders. The guy told me any order would be backlogged. Sorry you're stuck in that category.

Which phone number did you use, and what time of day did you call?

I just want to know if I can drive there and pick up an order.

I'm not going to wait 3 weeks for something I can get in a 1 hour drive.

Mann Lake in Wilkes Barre is closed because of the virus. They might be filling orders from the warehouse though.

I received an order Friday.
    All of my opinions and suggestions are based on my five decades of actual beekeeping,
    not so much on book learning, watching YouTube videos nor reading internet sites.

You just need to be patient. Things are not moving as quickly as they did before the pandemic. I had to wait about 5 days before my order was shipped. One item was back-ordered and I received that about 2 weeks after that. Phone calls are pointless. If you have a question on an order, fill out the contact page and include your order number. It takes about 5 - 7 days to receive a reply.

2 Months frames and foundation on order, a couple of email updates that provided inaccurate timelines. Ended up cancelling my order and switching vendors. I understand COVID, but the order was placed early March.
    Zone 6b/7a

Well Kelly is super slow to send too.
    I ordered last monday, sent out 2 emails to them last Thurs or Friday, again on Sat and a FB PM Saturday morning... nothing.
    I just called today, monday, was told the sheet was JUST sent to the warehouse and it can take up to 5-7 Biz days...

Gee so when do I get my stuff? 3 weeks later?
    I could have gotten stuff from Amazon sooner
    -Linda

Update: I got notification of shipping.

Just an FYI.

I placed an order about a week ago, for migratory tops and triangle escapes. I was notified today that I'll receive the order tomorrow.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

My phone call must have triggered them sending my stuff.
    as I got an email this morning that it was being sent.

JUST got an email saying the Queen excluders I ordered were BACKORDERED.
    No one said anything on my phone call........ WTFF that was the Main reason for ordering.

I am so mad and will not be ordering from any of them again.
    -Linda

FWIW- Covid19 has incented me to get all of my equipment and feed ordered months in advance. MannLake has always been very responsive but they are a good week behind their normal schedule. Love Dadant's products but it takes weeks...and they struggle with their inventory system. Glad they responded to you but I'd still do what you can to get everything you need a lot sooner. Bees won't wait.
    I'm smart but at the end of the day I'm still the help.

I have told beginners for years...."have your hive needs painted and ready to go by 3/1, in my area. So here we are, in the middle of a pandemic, limiting their warehouse staffing, in the middle of the busy season....and it is their fault you are unprepared on time? And because of that you will never again buy from a gigantic conglomerate who up until the pandemic hit, normally delivered almost overnight?
    Yeah...that makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger19687 View Post

No one said anything on my phone call........ WTFF that was the Main reason for ordering.

All of my opinions and suggestions are based on my five decades of actual beekeeping,
    not so much on book learning, watching YouTube videos nor reading internet sites.

I've been ordering from Better Bee and they've been great! No more than a three day wait. Of course gotta pay shipping. I have three complete units ready to go and ten five frame nucs. I'm getting extra equipment ready as I set out seven swarm traps and making more.

Mann Lake has always shipped promptly for me. I usually have my order delivered three to four days after placing it. I learned during my first year that one can never have enough hive equipment. I spend winter getting ready for spring. Building boxes and frames, repairing equipment, and taking inventory. This year I was almost ready.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Somebody is there working.I got one order last week and tracking numbers this afternoon on my other order.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger19687 View Post

I've been frustrated before too. Beekeeping vendors generally deliver slower than Amazon Prime especially during this pandemic. Mann Lake is a really good company. Dadant is too. I know it is tough to do but if you can plan out what you think you need in late winter and order it everything will be in stock and delivered promptly.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

For those trying to bash me for my comments... I DID order everything I really needed and it has been stained and put together for weeks now. What I bought was something I was going to use maybe not till Summer, the queen excluder.... Had you read what I wrote.
    Those boxes from Mann Lake were terrible to begin with and took a time to be sent. Kelly said they were still up and running fully when I talked to them and shipping out in 2-3 biz days. I made due and got them together and stained.
    My main issue is the lack of one hand Not knowing the other hands whereabouts.... Website SHOULD have said they were out of stock. Person I spoke to SHOULD have told me. But nope, it was the email I had sent out last week that told me yesterday. Website Still shows it in stock. That is a lack of businesses inventory management.
    So no , pandemic or not that is not good business, not to mention they have had issues for years I have read.
    Had their site told me they were out I would have bought elsewhere.
    -Linda

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast