Where can I find a Beeline box?

Default Where can I find a Beeline box?

I like the idea of beelining.

My brother leases about 6000 acres as part of his hunting club.

Kinda like trophy deer hunting.

For the life of me I cannot find a box on ebay or searching google.

Any box links or plans appreciated...
    Last edited by BrotherLove; 04-25-2020 at 08:06 PM. Reason: clarification

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Where can I find a Beeline box?

“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic”

Yes sir, I was on the phone when I posted, welcome to the forums and good luck chasing those bees!
    “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic”

I started out beelining for my first bees 40 years ago. only a plate with a little honey on it,a transit compass,a little can with some bees wax and a little dab of honey in it and a propane torch. the plate with honey up on a fence post so you can sit low and look up st the sky to see what direction the bees were going.The honey and wax in the can was heated with the torch to kind of get it hot enough to give off a little bit of smoke into the air.Man that will have bees flying around really quick.I used the transit compass to shoot a straight line in the direction they are going.Follow that line and start looking.You will find them.Oh and you might have bees going in several directions but each one will be going straight back to their hives so you might find more than one.Just write down what degrees on the compass they are all going and good luck.Never used a box and never needed one.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper1d View Post
    I started out beelining for my first bees 40 years ago. only a plate with a little honey on it,a transit compass,a little can with some bees wax and a little dab of honey in it and a propane torch. the plate with honey up on a fence post so you can sit low and look up st the sky to see what direction the bees were going.The honey and wax in the can was heated with the torch to kind of get it hot enough to give off a little bit of smoke into the air.Man that will have bees flying around really quick.I used the transit compass to shoot a straight line in the direction they are going.Follow that line and start looking.You will find them.Oh and you might have bees going in several directions but each one will be going straight back to their hives so you might find more than one.Just write down what degrees on the compass they are all going and good luck.Never used a box and never needed one.
    Did you bother marking the bees and timing their flights to get a distance estimate?

No marking or timing.I just shot a line with my transit compass and went after them.It didnt take long to find them.Toting everything into the woods and felling the trees,cut out and toting everything back out was a work out.