So on April 10th, I found that double deep that was previously jammed and queen right, was now queenless and had about half the bee's. I of course suspect it swarmed. I immediately gave it a frame of eggs and brood and a week later found queen cells. Since them, I decided i didn't want to take the chance and ordered mated queen which will arrive tomorrow.
Simple question, should I split this hive giving the new queen to the queen cell less box? I know this sounds like a no brainier, but i am just making sure I haven't missed anything with my thought process
If I do this, I would do a two queen setup so that they would work together to rebuild