Marburg Boxes have many uses - for more info on these uses, checkout the Dave Cushman site: http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/marburg.html
I started to make mine some years ago, but halfway through the project was abandoned as I realised I could do everything that the Marburg Box did, but in different ways. Then, after two or three years watching it collect dust, I decided to finish it - "just because". But with hindsight, I'm glad I did - as it's proved to be a handy piece of kit.
As you will see from Dave Cushman's site, there are no fixed plans for this box, so in my usual way I decided to make it far more complicated than it really needed to be, by including entrances and provision for overhead inverted jar feeders, so that if pressed it could be used as an emergency nuc box.
So the first pic is a 'front view' showing entrances, feeder holes and top vents all closed.
This is the same view, but with entrances, feeder holes and top vents open.
Next is a 'back view', showing the hopper closed and secured with toggle catches.
This shows the hopper in the half-open position, as used when shaking bees into the box when using the Queen Excluder facility.
A pic showing the hopper in the fully open position, as used when picking-off the Queen - whenever the box is being used for that purpose.
This is a similar shot, but with the top removed. There's capacity in there to house 6 frames, but I only ever use it with 5 - as conditions can get pretty chaotic when shaking bees out, when the extra space between frames becomes useful.
This pic shows the catch which holds the top on - one each end, with two more fixed to the hopper. Also shown are the pins used to select the opening position.
Enlarged shot of the above, showing the pins themselves. These are nothing more than 2" nails with hard plastic beads (as used in sea-fishing) glued onto their heads. (a suitable hole is drilled through the bead first)
I had trouble for a while losing those pins when they kept dropping out 'during transit' - so I buried a small magnet next to each hole in the hopper, which cured that particular problem.
Finally, a shot showing the box bottom and the ventilation holes provided there, should the box ever be used as a swarm-box starter.
Hope somebody finds pictures of the above example of some use ...
PS - forgot to say that the hopper is fixed to the main box by a length of piano hinge.