Cant find old thread

Default Cant find old thread

https://beesource.com/resources/elem...t-cell-method/

I am trying to find this thread by Oldtimer on raising queens without grafting but BS search is not doing it for me. Above is what I get when I google search. Thinking it of value to people who are not up to grafting but want the assurance of known age larvae as opposed to queens from emergency cells. It is getting to that time of year.
    Frank

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Cant find old thread

Well, I couldn't find that as a thread either. But that doesn't mean a whole bunch.

Perhaps OT never actually created a thread with exactly those words (phrases). There are other documents on Beesource that were written as original documents but never posted as a "thread" per se. Note {from the "breadcrumbs"} that this document is posted 'outside' the forum itself. OT may have emailed this to Barry and it was posted - not in the forum - but under Beesource.com never-the-less. Papers by Walt Wright are another example. Kind of a shame that VerticalScope thinks this kind of thing is just too much trouble to continue.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Haha,
    Yes this was a thread, or was posted as a thread, that had many participants. It may have been sent in whole, but it was posted as a thread and parts of it were posted later than the original start of the thing. I remember when it was started, and followed along with it to the end when it was then condensed and posted in a resource section of the forum. Many people had posted for clarification and such. And just like Frank, I can not find it now. Not through BS search and not through google.

I remember that thread from OT and I believe it was turned into a sticky some years back

I have corresponded with a few people who are right at the point they could use some of that technique. I am gearing up to do just that myself. I would have bumped up the thread if I could have dredged it up from our search engine. I think there are some search engines such as Way Back that can recover things a current forum has dumped from their archives; no personal experience with them though.
    Frank

I remember one called "notching".

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

I found a post congratulating him on his thread having becoming a "sticky" but a search including sticky, all 497 of them, did not bring it up. It did show some on Walt Wrights manuscripts but I did not chase them down. Havent seen too much of Oltimer lately; he is busy trying to get the bugs out of treating varroa with the Oxalic / Glycerine strips in New Zealand. A tough time there with virtually no seasonal brood break and oodles of lousy feral bees.
    Frank