$2 foam mini mating nuc

Default $2 foam mini mating nuc

This is an excerpt from a FB live webinar I did last nite for the local clubs
    I made over 50 pre-cut kits to donate and was going to have a train the trainer night and then have them bring kits back to their club to run a test workshop.
    but things as they are the only way to get this out there before queen season was to do distance learning and have them pick their kits up "curbside"

The idea is they can easily copy it if it the club likes it and do a bigger workshop, just takes someone to pre rip the 5"X4' strips and then only a few screwdrivers and miter boxes (or knife and straight edge to score and snap) on-site for a club project.
    Mini's paired with push-in cages around cells can help people make the most of a swarmed hive.
    Thought mabey some of you here might find it useful, its a bad video, but a good project
    https://youtu.be/taf9-oMmF90

For my own use I am building them in to 4 packs with a center feederDSCF1255.jpg
    "oh well, let us stick to science. let them have their beliefs and intuitions!" -Medhat Nasr

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: $2 foam mini mating nuc

Nice. I especially love the simplicity of the feeder. I've got two questions:

1. That looks like a pretty hard foam. What foam are you using?

2. Are you not worried about comb being attached to the sides making inspection for a laying queen and queen extraction more difficult?
    Zone 6B

its foam core board I salvaged, signage from a large convention. much stronger then it looks DSCF1278.jpg
    but the standard house stuff from HD or lowes works here is the 1" DSCF1281.jpg
    2 you just cut it with a knife, cut up not down.. after you do it once or twice they kinda give up, old top bar guy so it doesn't bother me
    I am going to run 6 of the 4 pack this year and see what happens
    "oh well, let us stick to science. let them have their beliefs and intuitions!" -Medhat Nasr

Nice!
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/